Transfer Students

Students Transferring from Outside of Rutgers University

Public Health (832D)


This information is for students who are currently pursuing undergraduate degrees from a two- or four-year institution outside of Rutgers University, or for those students currently holding an associates degree from a two-year institution.

This option allows students with at least 45 credits, who are already in a career track (i.e., dental hygiene, radiation technology, medical assistant, registered nurse, or other allied health profession) or who otherwise hold an associate of arts (AA), associate of science (AS) or associate in applied science (AAS) degree, to apply directly to the Bloustein School's public health program (832D). Successful applicants will have completed the prerequisite courses to the major, with a C or better, and have achieved an overall GPA of at least 2.5. Upon completing the major and CORE requirements, the student will receive the pre-professional bachelor of science (BS) degree from the Bloustein School.

Public Policy (833)

The major in public policy (833) was introduced at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy in the fall of 2013. Students may transfer up to 60 credits into the program. The public policy major requires 46-47 credits, 24-25 of which are included in the General Education requirements, for a total of 70-72 program requirements. The awarding of the preprofessional bachelor of science (B.S.) degree requires a minimum of 120 credits. To pursue the major, students must apply and be admitted to the Bloustein School.

The public policy major prepares students for entry-level jobs in government, politics and public affairs within public, non-profit, or private sectors, or for graduate education in public administration, public affairs, and public policy.  The major introduces students in the use of analytical techniques to better understand public problems and evaluate alternative solutions to those problems. Examples include income inequality, health care reform, climate change, and immigration policy.Completion of the public policy major leads to a bachelor of science (B.S.) degree. 

Application Process

Admission Deadline

NJ Transfer

Information for the Public Health major as a transfer from outside of Rutgers University.

Undergraduate Professional Schools Academic Policies


2013 fall Scarlet Guide: A Resource for Getting Started at Rutgers University

For additional information on about the public health (832) program, please contact:

Chris Miller, Coordinator, Undergraduate Student Services
Bloustein School Civic Square Building; Room 183

Phone: (848) 932-2726