- A new right-click option is available when browsing folders, reading messages or when looking at addresses in Address Book to find emails to find email sent/received to senders or recipients.
- Zimbra Instant Messaging is going away in future versions.
- Color selector includes more colors for tags, folders and calendars.
- The font size to use when printing an email message can be configured from the Preferences tab. The Font Size link has been removed from the file print view.
- The Trash folder is available for each application (email, calendar, tasks, etc). Only items specific to the selected application are displayed in the Trash folder when Trash is open in the application.
- Quotas are not displayed anymore, but they are a tooltip when hovering over the name
- Search box locations have changed. There is a new Rutgers-wide people search as well as enhanced options for the standard search bar
- Users can search their Sent Folder for emails sent to specific recipients.
- Users can now select to send a message at a later time. Click on the arrow to the right of the Send button to set a time for delivery.
- The folder on the tool bar now reads Report Spam and other reference to Junk were changed to Spam.
- Users can now recover email messages that have just been deleted.
- Users can now recover email messages that have been deleted or emptied from their email Trash folders. Right click on the Trash folder and select Recover Deleted Items.
- A new calendar view, Free/Busy View. This is similar to the Calendar Scheduler Zimlet
- In the past we could not recommend enabling the option to play a sound when a new message arrived because it caused the window you were in to lose focus (the cursor would disappear when you were in the middle of composing a message, for instance). This has been fixed. These options are under Preferences > Mail > Receiving Messages.
- Schedule information is shown in-line and no longer under a Schedule tab. As soon as you add a name in the Attendees line of a new calendar item, their schedule appears below.
- You can now configure email reminders and text messages for appointments and tasks
- New appointments in Calendars now open as a tab.
- Overall improvements have been made to the Calendar UI for meeting invitations. For instance, when an organizer changes an appointment, attendees see the changes highlighted in a different color in the invite.
- When meeting request is received, the invitee can see the invite along with their calendar for the day in their Inbox.
- Dragging email to calendar does not automatically add attendees to appointment anymore.
- Ability to create an appointment similar to an existing appointment by right-clicking on the existing appointment and selecting Create a Copy.
- Users can forward one or more contacts
- Briefcase now supports version control and check in/out capabilities. Briefcase files can be checked out and locked so that users cannot overwrite each other’s work.
- Documents will be merged into briefcase at upgrade time. No data is lost, the existing Documents get merged automatically.
You can now configure email reminders and text messages for appointments and tasks. See #4 under Calendar to watch a video on this feature.
- Support for Categories (as Tags) in Zimbra Mobile.